A common question asked of TWT Audio recently has been the use of ESSER funds and how it applies to headphone and headset purchases. TWT Audio headphones and headsets are a great option for ESSER funds and are approved. Let's dive into what is ESSER and what can be purchased.
What is the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund program?
The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER) program is a federal program that provides funding to states, territories, and school districts to help them respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program was created under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which was passed by Congress in March 2020.
Under the ESSER program, the U.S. Department of Education distributes funds to states and territories based on the same formula used to allocate Title I funding for disadvantaged students. States and territories are required to distribute at least 90% of the funds to school districts, with the remaining 10% used for state-level activities.
School districts can use ESSER funds to address a wide range of needs related to the pandemic, such as purchasing technology and equipment to support remote learning, improving ventilation systems, providing mental health services to students and staff, and implementing strategies to address learning loss. The ESSER program has been authorized for three rounds of funding, with the most recent round (ESSER III) totaling $122 billion.
What can you use ESSER funds to purchase?
The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds can be used by school districts to address a wide range of needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The U.S. Department of Education has provided guidance on allowable uses of ESSER funds, which includes:
- Purchasing hardware, software, and connectivity devices for students, educators, and other staff to support remote learning or hybrid learning environments.
- Providing training and professional development for educators on effective practices for teaching in remote or hybrid learning environments.
- Purchasing instructional materials, including textbooks and curricula, that are designed for use in remote or hybrid learning environments.
- Providing mental health services and supports to students and staff, including counseling, social-emotional learning programs, and trauma-informed care.
- Implementing strategies to address learning loss resulting from the pandemic, such as summer learning programs, extended school days, or tutoring.
- Upgrading school facilities, including ventilation systems and other infrastructure, to support healthy and safe learning environments.
- Purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning supplies to support safe school reopening.
- Providing technology and support services to students with disabilities and English language learners to ensure they have equal access to learning opportunities.
It's important to note that the allowable uses of ESSER funds may vary depending on the specific funding source and the state or local education agency's interpretation of federal guidance.
Our headphones and headsets approved for ESSER spending?
Yes, headphones and headsets can be approved for ESSER (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief) spending. The U.S. Department of Education has provided guidance that states that school districts can use ESSER funds to purchase technology and equipment that supports remote learning or hybrid learning environments. This includes hardware, software, and connectivity devices for students, educators, and other staff. Headphones and headsets can be essential tools for students and teachers to participate in virtual classrooms or online meetings and can help minimize distractions and background noise.
However, it's important to note that the allowable uses of ESSER funds may vary depending on the specific funding source and the state or local education agency's interpretation of federal guidance. Therefore, it's always best to check with your school district or state education agency to confirm if purchasing headphones or headsets with ESSER funds is allowable in your situation.
TWT Audio products are a great option for ESSER spending. We have inventory IN STOCK and ship within 48-72 hours. Upgrade your classroom or district this summer.